April 10, 2020
To our Valued Partners,
We want to share what we are experiencing as we go through this difficult time in the history of, not just our company, but our country and the entire world. Your Garden Light LED family is committed and staying 100% positive and optimistic through the COVID-19 pandemic. Our team is manifesting greatness, getting organized and preparing for the future. We need to be the best we can be for our families, our partners, and ourselves so we have an even stronger company to return to. Our hope is that each of you are doing the same.
We realize that some of you may be going through difficult changes in your business. You are American entrepreneurs which means you have the knowledge, backbone, and fortitude to adapt, pivot, and thrive. Don’t forget that, getting through this will require you to tap into the openness for change and curiosity you had when starting your company.
Due to the nature of our business, outdoor LED lighting, we are not shut down. Our work allows for social distancing and is a vital business.
Though it may feel a bit uncomfortable at this difficult time, now is NOT the time to stop marketing and promoting your services. This is a great time to embrace and use social media and online marketing to connect to people.
Here are some suggestions when dealing with new potential clients:
- Practice social distancing. Let your customers and prospects know you can consult with them via phone, Zoom, Skype or Facetime, etc. Have them send you photos or use google maps so you can provide a lighting plan for their home and property.
- When in person, maintain social distancing and all health-related practices, hand-washing, masks, gloves, etc. Do not shake hands and make sure to text or call them as you are about to arrive. Identifying yourself and confirming your arrival is essential.
- Remind clients that you can walk their property, take photos, measure and map out the design to light up their homes or businesses without coming within the 6-ft designation.
- In times like this there are always opportunities. Your customers will be looking for change and what better way than to offer a nighttime demo. Show them how amazing their home will look properly lit while sitting in their home or walking the property. Sell lights and make their lives better. Once we come out of this people will be looking to enjoy their homes and families more.
- Offer special pricing for the homes of first responders. They’re working hard for all of us. Make this easy and affordable for them.
- Take payments via the many online portals like Zelle, Venmo or Apple Pay or by credit card. Make everything easy.
- Most importantly, if you or someone in your home is showing signs of illness, do not come in contact with your clients. Ask them if anyone in their home is sick as well. Safety is of the utmost importance at this time.
If you are concerned about your employees, note that the form for filing for a Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan has just been released. The Treasury Department put out a borrower fact sheet and there is additional information as well as links to other key documents on Treasury’s CARES Act Website.
We are thinking about you and everyone’s in our prayers. Reach out if we can support you in any way. This has been and continues to be an event unlike any other, but when this is over, the floodgates will open, and all of our businesses and our families will flourish again. So, get organized and be ready.
We are living through history and we are all in this together!